Residential Pest Control Tips For The Cold Winter Season
- Seal holes and cracks outside the house to prevent rodents from getting in your home. Check places where pipes and utilities enter your house. Remember that a mouse could fit in a hole that’s as little as a dime.
- Change any lose weather stripping or mortar around the windows or basement foundation. Keep the firewood away from your house, at least by 20 feet. Ants and mice could create a nest in their wood piles and have access to your house in case the pile is too close.
- Rodents could hide in all the clutter, so make sure that you organize your storage areas and don’t forget to never leave boxes are off the store.
- Get rid of all the moisture sites including clogged drains and leaking pipes. Pay close attention to the bathrooms and kitchens because these places are especially at risk of cockroach infestation.
- Repair damaged screens in the windows and add door sweeps, too.
- Screen the vents to the chimneys. Keep crawl spaces, basements, and attics are dry and well ventilated.