Winter Pest ControlThe National Pest Management Association has listed some tips that homeowners can use to prevent winter pests from obtaining access to your home.
- Seal holes and cracks on the outside of your house to help prevent rodents from getting in. Make sure that the areas where the pipes and utilities are inspected. A rodent can fit through a tiny hole that is about the size of a dime.
- Replace weather stripping and loose mortar around the windows and basement foundation.
- Store firewood at a minimum of 20 feet from your home. Ants and mice could make their nests in wood piles and gain access to your house easily in case the pile is located nearby.
- Rodents could easily hide in clutter so make sure that the storage areas are well organized and you should store the boxes off the floor.
- Get rid of all moisture sites like clogged drains and leaking pipes. More attention should be given to bathrooms and kitchens because these areas are vulnerable to cockroach
- Set up door sweeps and fix damage screens in your windows.
- Screen vents to the chimney and make sure that the attic, crawlspaces, and basements are dry and well ventilated.