Warmer temperature, sunny skies, and blooming flowers are not the only indications that spring is near. The emergence of pests like termites, flies, cockroaches, and ants indicate the change in season. Many pest control
companies consider spring as the beginning of the pest season because different types of insects start to emerge after hiding during the winter season. They will start looking for a new place to live and that includes your home.
How to prevent pests from invading your home?
The best method to reduce the chances of a pest infestation during spring is through prevention. According to the National Pest Management Association
, an audit on your home’s perimeter will help determine if there are pests lurking around especially in spots that often harbour them such as debris, piles of leaves, rotted tree stumps, and abandoned tires.
There are other pest control Myrtle Beach
and prevention techniques that you can do in a single day to keep rodents
and other bugs from invading your house.
Spring Projects To Prevent Pest Invasion
- Use silicone caulk to seal any crevices or cracks. Don’t forget to pay close attention to spots where utility pipes enter your home. Cockroaches, for example, can fit through a tiny crack.
- Seal possible entryways and screen your windows. You should also repair any tears or rips in the screens. Don’t forget to screen chimney openings and attic vents.
- Fix any loose mortar and change weatherstripping around the basement windows and foundation.
- Clean debris like leaves from the gutter to stop standing water from forming. Always remember that standing water creates the best breeding ground for pests like mosquitoes.
- Fix rotted roof shingles and broken fascia because termites and carpenter ants love deteriorating wood.
- Install proper landscaping around your house to avoid creating sites that harbour pests. Mulch must be placed at least 15 inches from your home’s foundation and don’t forget to trim the shrubs regularly.
- The downspouts, splash blocks, and gutters must direct water away from your home properly. Don’t forget to fix any broken or leaky AC units, water pipes, and faucets.
- The crawlspaces, attics, and basements should be dry and well ventilated.
You should be proactive because it can help a lot especially when it comes to preventing pests from entering your home. However, there will always be a chance that these pesky critters will find a way inside your house specially during spring and summer seasons. When they get inside your home, they can cause serious health issues and expensive property damage.
Call a pest control expert
right away if you suspect that you have a pest infestation at home. They have the expertise and tools to check your home, identify the issue, and recommend the best course of action. Don’t take matters in your own hand. You might end up doing more harm than good. Call the professionals right away.
Call Zap Pest Control Inc. now and let our pest control experts deal with your pest problems.
Zap Pest Control Inc.
2507 Forestbrook Rd Suite G
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Post a Comment