Pests such as spiders, rats, flies, and cockroaches could be a menace in your home. Aside from scaring you, they can also carry various kinds of diseases. Hiring a residential pest control Myrtle Beach service is a good option if you want to get rid of them. Here, you’ll know what you have to do before and after the treatment.
The services offered by exterminators mainly include bed bug control, termite control treatment, as well as cockroach control. However, it’s not only up to the pest control service experts to make sure that your home is free of these pesky critters. For example, before beginning the pest control treatment, make sure that your clothing, food, furniture, and other belongings are stored correctly. And when the treatment is done, you can use them in a way that there is a lower chance of getting infected again.
Things To Do Before Residential Pest Control Myrtle Beach Services
Get rid of large pieces of appliances or furniture away from the corners of your house to ensure easy access for pest control experts. They could easily get into the nooks and crannies where most pests generally live. It also means that your future appliances and furniture are safe from any spray or spills of chemicals that are used during the pest control treatment. Still, it’s better to hire a rodent control professional.
Clothes and Furniture
- Make sure that your toiletries, jewelry makeup, children’s toys, and clothes are all stored away after you’ve covered them with plastic wrapping. Put them inside your cabinets and close the gaps of the drawers and doors using wide cellotape. It’s not ideal to use masking tape because they use paper and would absorb the sprayed chemicals.
- Get rid of all the covers, bed sheets, pillows, cushions, mattresses, and etc., and put them away. If you lack storage space, you can always use plastic wrapping.
- Cover your tables, chairs, sofas with plastic wrapping. It may not be enough to cover them with cloth sheets since pest control chemicals can still penetrate them.
Kitchen and Dining Area
- You should clear the dustbin regularly.
- Make sure that your countertops are clean. Be sure that your glasses, cups, plates, and cutlery, and utensils are stored properly. Spray your kitchen cabinets because they attract more pests.
- Cover the water filter of your water outlet with plastic if possible.
- Store your food in plastic containers.
- Pets are very sensitive whenever pest control treatments are applied.
- Carefully store the toys and bedding of your pets.
- Take your pet to the vet for a flea and tick treatment.
- Cover the aquariums with plastic.
Flower Pots and Paintings
- Cover your favorite wall decoration with plastic.
- Leave the flower pots as well as other decorative vegetation out in the open. Maybe, leave it on a balcony that will not be sprayed with pest control treatment. You may wrap some plants, but you have to be careful because they might wither away.
Empty out the bathroom if they need to be sprayed.
Things You Have To Do After Pest Control Treatment
Now that you’re done with how to prepare for a pest control service in your home, the next thing you have to remember are the things you have to do after the treatment.
If you need to vacate your house, you should wait until the exterminators say you can return home. If you left food outside, you should throw them out. Even if the professionals use organic chemicals for the treatment, you can’t eat the food that’s been exposed.
Call Zap Pest Control, Inc. now if you’re looking for a team of experts who can handle your pest problems at home.
Zap Pest Control Inc.
2507 Forestbrook Rd Suite G
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Post a Comment