There are only a few things that are more frustrating and infuriating than a cockroach
infestation. These pesky critters will make themselves comfortable in your living area, bathroom, kitchen, and other spots in your home.
The problem is that they multiply rapidly, which makes matters worse. In case you are tired of sharing your home with these pests, then you should know some pest control
tips to get rid of cockroaches.
Types of Cockroaches
and American cockroaches
are the most common species of cockroaches present here in Myrtle Beach. German cockroaches are dark brown and they are about ½” to 5/8 in size. On the other hand, American cockroaches are much darker and also bigger at around 1-1/2” to 2”. Both kinds of cockroaches are active all year round, but they almost always come out at night to look for food and water. Cockroaches are considered as nocturnal creatures and that is why they mostly spend their days tucked away in the dark and hidden parts of your house.
How Cockroaches Enter Your House
A few things that attract cockroaches to your house include garbage, dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs on the counters or floor, leftover food, and excess moisture. These pests enter your house for different reasons but attraction is just the first part. They still need to get into your house to wreak havoc. So how do they get in? Simple. They get in through cracks and crevices, holes in the pipes and vents, hitching a ride through boxes or other times, and more.
Pest Control Tips To Get Rid Of Cockroaches
Clean your house
– this may seem obvious but cockroaches
like dirt and filth. So the easiest way to make sure that cockroaches are kept out of your home is by making sure that it is kept clean. Don’t forget to wash the dishes and clean the spills and crumbs right away. You must take the garbage before you go to bed and get rid of grease from your stove top. Be sure to seal food in containers and mop regularly.
Store bought traps
– an effective way of getting rid of cockroaches is the kind of trap found in home improvement stores and supermarkets. The device will use bait or scent to attract the cockroaches. When they come out to check, the roaches will be caught in a very sticky substance, trapping them inside. You may have to wait up to two weeks to see results so make sure that you check it periodically.
Store bought baits
– another pest control Myrtle Beach
tip to get rid of cockroaches is to use store bought baits. Chemical baits conceal insecticide as a source of food. Roaches ingest the insecticide and they die once they return to their nest. When other roaches eat them, they also will also get poisoned and die. Be sure to add the chemical baits close to garbage cans and blow the sinks as well as cabinets in bathrooms and kitchens.
– are made to deter cockroaches. When diluted, the liquid could be sprayed into crevices and cracks as well as other places where these pets like to hide.
– considered as one of the most effective home remedies for cockroaches and is ideal for all those who would like to go for a DIY approach.
Call a pest control company
– cockroaches are known to be very persistent. Sometimes, even if you follow these DIY tips, you may still wind up having these infestation. If it seems like nothing is working, call a pest control company right away.
Call Zap Pest Control Inc. if you are having problems with cockroach infestation.
Zap Pest Control Inc.
2507 Forestbrook Rd Suite G
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Post a Comment