Pest Control Tip: How To Get Rid Of TermitesThe key to a successful pest control Myrtle Beach and management is knowledge on the specific type of pest you are dealing with. In this article, you’ll learn about a different type of termite, which is unlike the common termites that eat your home’s foundation. But this specific type of termites is also common in every home. You need to know all about them so you will know how to deal with them. Introducing: dry-wood termites What differentiates dry-wood termites from common termites is that they do not live underground. They are often found in wood sidings, wood supports in the attic, and in the roofing as well. They are also found to infest your crawlspaces specifically the ones near your attic. They are also commonly found eating the following:
- Wood molding particularly your windows’ and doors’ framing
- Wood siding and roofing
- Eaves and overhangs
- Joints and crevices all around your doors
1. Hollow sound coming from your wooden foundation after knocking on it. This means the termites have succeeded in eating the inside of the wood.
2. Visible damages on the wood that seemed like it was carved out. And if you try to pick a hole on the wood, you can easily do so even with a blunt pocket knife or screw driver.
3. Piles of dust and debris near your walls, door and window frames, and foundations. If the dust resembles coarse sand grain, then you can be sure the pile actually consists of the termites’ fecal matter.
4. Accumulation of insect wings on your window sills. This means that termites are swarming to get inside your house or to move to another hideout inside your home.