- Adult mice will measure about 7.5 inches long, which includes the tail, while adult rats could grow as much as 18 inches long, including the tail.
- Mice have hairy and thin tails, while rats have scaly, hairless, and thicker tails.
- The mouse’s nose is triangular in shape while the nose of a rate is more rounded and blunt.
- Both rats and mice could be gray or brown in color, but rats may also be black in color.
- Mice droppings are about ¼ inch in length with pointed ends.
- Rat droppings are ¾ inches long and with blunt ends.
Why Pest Control Is ImportantRodents are considered as commensal animals, which means they have partially depended on humans for their source of food. That’s why they’re generally found living around houses in both rural and urban areas. If the weather begins to cool, they will begin looking for indoor shelter to overwinter in. As a homeowner, you must prevent this as much as you can with help of an exterminator because of the dangers that they could introduce into your home. Both mice and rats could damage your home’s structure by chewing through drywall, insulation, pipes, and wires. They could also damage your personal items, such as storage boxes, carpets, clothing, and furniture. They could contaminate your food as well as your food prep areas, and introduce diseases such as lymphocytic disease, leptospirosis, hantavirus, and salmonellosis. They could also make nesting areas behind the walls in your basement, attic, and even behind your appliances. Rodents generally reproduce fast, two rodents could become at least 20 in a short amount of time. Female mice get pregnant for 21 days and have litters that would average about six pups and it would only take those pups around six weeks until they reach their breeding age. And every female could have as much as eight litters per year. So you see, if a small rodent issue isn’t contained right away, you will eventually have a rat infestation. Call a commercial pest control expert if you’re having rat problems in the office and a residential pest control professional if you have a rodent infestation at home.
Call Zap Pest Control Inc. now if you need help in dealing with rats in your home.Zap Pest Control Inc. 2507 Forestbrook Rd Suite G Myrtle Beach, SC 29588 843-654-1927 http://zappests.net/
Post a Comment